Thursday, January 1, 2009

What is it about a fire????



What can I say.....it makes me so lazy.......I got about a million things I need to be doing and here I am sitting by the fire......doing nothing. Is it just me??? I am completely hypnotized when I see a fire. Can't get enough of it. Can't get away from it. I just love a fire.........Well, somehow I did manage to get over here to the computer and post this. Here are some pictures from the lovely lunch lulu and I had pre-Christmas Eve.
Here's lulu holding her pitchers, I felt bad cause she cried when she saw them. She had mentioned wanting some pitchers a few months back and I couldn't wait to give her some of my favorites........
Here's me wearing my new junk necklace Lulu made me, It rocks!!!!!! She also gave me a butter pat, so she is my BFF. And some great vintage labels and scroll patterns for my scrapbooking and lots of cool ideas. She's a peach........Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and here's hoping for lots of junk to come our way in 2009........Cheers, Lauri



12 comments:

ajunkqueen said...

It is so nice you girls are such good friends, that you give from your hearts. Things you love, to some one special. Happy New Year!
We may need to all get together and buy Miss Garden Antqs a new camera, or we will miss out on a bunch of good pictures of Texas goods!!

trash talk said...

I don't mind getting beat out of being your BFF by Miss Lulu. I knew your heart belonged to her anyway. May I add, you two are looking mighty precious. Can't wait to see you, my lil ol' honey baked ham, in the spring. Until then, Happy New Year and let's make 2009 the best. Tn't

A Wild Thing said...

You can never have enough BFF's and is that a one of those really cool water faucet handles on that necklace, that is just two cute...btw, your necklace will be mailed out tomorrow, plus a couple o things that I had laying around the house...hee hee...later...

NUT

Malisa said...

According to my husband, "A fire's not a fire unless its a roarin' ass fire!" Just wanted to share that with you!

Glad you girls are back. Seemed quiet from your part of the world!

You can be my BFF, Trash Talk!

Malisa

Mindy said...

Indeed. A real fire can turn me into a zombie. Gas fires, I can walk by without even looking. Fire snob? I think so. ~Mindy

trash talk said...

You know what burns my butt? A flame about this high!(as she holds her hand by her a--). Seriously, I love the idea of the first meeting at Zapp. You 2 are some kinda clever women. I'm really excited about making this into something. Now all I need is to come up with a logo and a button. Any ideas? Tn'T

Debra Hall said...

Awe, gifts from the heart ...they mean the most! Love the post ~ Happy New Year girls:)
~Debra

Anonymous said...

Love your junk and jewelry!

blessings said...

Here, here about the junk!! Isn't a sweet sad when two friends cry over gifts they love?! You're darling.

Blessings... Polly

sweetpea said...

Happy New Year Chipsters! Miss you guys! It'll be time to head to Texas before we know it right? Love ya both!

The Peas~Rex and Shelley

debi lynn mattingly said...

It is so great to see ladies being BFF! I love the pictures and I REALLY LOVE that necklace! Hopefully, I will finally get a chance to meet ya'll this spring you mosey on over to Texas! Until then, have a beautiful & fun-filled 2009...and I'll see ya in the spring!

xo..deb

countrycharisma said...

You girls are so good to give each other such nice gifts. I love the necklace but I have to say I am an ironstone kind of gal! Wonderful pitchers! As for the fire, I am right there with you. In fact, my DOG came in the other day and got in HIS chair by the fire and gazed into the flames! And...is your baby head a Christian or a sinner? Looks a little worldly to me. LOL. Happy New Year!