Monday, January 19, 2009

Venting,venting,VeNTinG......**&^)@**?

Stormy weather..........It seems the thunderclouds are gathering here in chippy-ville......Why we must revisit this odious topic pains us......We'll probably be kicked out of the Jewels for what we are about to unleash........

The COPYCAT saga continues, remember TOT, when she had a stalker copying all her good ideas, and who can forget Sweet Karen of A'musements, the crime committed against her involved a shop owner/dealer, actually copying her HANDMADE goodies!!!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing how some people can justify their blatant actions. So, it's our turn (AGAIN). It wasn't bad enough a dealer attempted to rip off our JuNk Jewelry look at Lakewood 400, a few months back, but now some Copycat, has decided she can do the same thing. Now don't get me wrong I like CATS, I have 3 of my own.............We have so many friends, dealers, icons, divas as one person told us this weekend a friend of ours was, we admire and love their designs. We go to great pains to honor others, ideas, and give credit where credit is due. It's too bad not everyone has enough CLASS to do the same. And I know this is where I should say something about how it is a form of flattery and all that noise..........But, you see I am from the South and we don't take no SHIT................... and if that offended you you may want to change the channel now.......... Cause this is war.............You see my Mama aways said, "If you can't say something nice, come sit by me!!!!!!" And I know Voodoo, and I am just now breakin' the dolls out of the box, you see it has worked on my husband for years................. So if your sittin' around tonight and feel a pain in your lower extremities, its me!!!!!!!! And on the other hand if you are gonna copy me you need to be cute, I can't have no hags copying me................get it........ I feel so much better now.......The 2chippys

9 comments:

ajunkqueen said...

sorry, that's happening to you, it's bad when they are at the same market, and under cut the price. I know of no good way to stop it. Guess you will have to start the newest fad! But it happens to good decorators, painters ect.

The Feathered Nest said...

Hmmmm....I've seen this so much in our line of work but as for my 2cents??

Be better ~ have a style that is like none other....

Be faster ~ think beyond them, they are still trying to copy your last idea!

Be one up on 'em ~ always be thinking of the newest craze girl! AND I know by meeting you both and knowing your talents that you can do it....

hugs to you both :)
xxoo,
Dawn

trash talk said...

WTF-who is messing with my two honey baked hams? Y'all aren't getting kicked out of nothing for calling it as you see it. That's being sincere. And you are sincerely mad with good reason! And I say if you want to front them out, hooray! Maybe that will put an end to it if it's out there for all the world to see. Whatever you decide to do, even if it's just vent, I got y'alls back! Tn'T

time worn interiors said...

You go girl, I know how you feel! Made me feel better to vent! Of course there will be those who don't agree with you, but who cares. We have to stand strong and stick up for each other! I'm with you chipmaster!!
Theresa

Durango said...

I like my 2 Chippys being in fiesty mode! I've never had such a thing happen to me. But I know if I did I'd be mad. Because it would be maddening.

Do we know the names of the copycat thieves? Perhaps a third party, such as myself, could blog some details on his non-partisan blog to help bring some shame to the perps.

Lauri Evans said...

We love you Durango!!!!! Always to the rescue.......

Anonymous said...

SEND ME A DOLL AND I'LL STICK SOME PINS IN IT FOR YOU THAT LEAVE A SCAR!!!! What a load of crap, and I don't believe the nerve! What's WRONG with these idiots?! Sorry it took me so long to see this post, but I'm in your corner.... Name her and we'll maim her! Even if only with pins (that leave a NASTY hole when you pull 'em out!)
So sorry for what you are feeling... it makes you mad, it hurts your feelings and it mostly wastes your time and energy. The things you two make and the way you infuse what you do with your personalities CANNOT BE DUPLICATED. Your customers and the fans of 2 Chippy's KNOW your look and your work.... never forget that.
Maybe a roadtrip to New Orleans and a visit to Madame Leveaux's tomb would help ;-) Or, a plump bag of flaming dog poop....

A Wild Thing said...

Out of chaos comes creativity...you just gave me a great idea...I just bought the funkiest OLD baby doll head with no eyes. When you said you knew voo doo(is that poetry?)...I had a light bulb go off. I'm gonna turn that doll head into a glowing voodoo lamp, by inserting a bulb so the lights glo through the eyes and mouth...how funky would that be...let's see who markets first...ha!

You guys are da bomb...and the only ones of CHIPPY fame...I own originals...not cheap knock-offs...again...bery, bery bad Karma!

NUT

3x3 said...

Great blog you have