Monday, January 5, 2009

It pays to be a JuNkeR........

Check this out fellow junkers, I am down it the basement today, trying to figure out where in the hello I am going to put all these Christmas decorations, and I can hear my angel boy (my son Adam) upstairs looking for me, saying, "Mom, come and see if you want any of this stuff"..........Ahhhhhh, these words are like music to the ears of a junker........So I go up and see him looking like Pigpen off of The Peanuts cartoon, and he has like 3 huge boxes of junk. Seems he has been cleaning out a building for his boss and scored some good junk.........And this is just the first load out of the dishwasher, some ironstone bowls, some jadeite plates, a gorgeous gold rimmed egg tray, love the amber tiara punch bowl and 12 cups and so on. I have taught him well, I am so proud......................(the cat was already there) Cha Ching, Lauri

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Call him what you want, but I say the man child is a keeper! Wow! Nice haul and you didn't even have to dig for it yourself! Yay! ~Mindy

ajunkqueen said...

You raised him right! he will make a good hunter gatherer for his family.

trash talk said...

Grasshopper has learned well from the master's knee. I do love that punch bowl. How wonderful would that be at Halloween and Thanksgiving? Good going, chickie mama!!! Tn'T

debi lynn mattingly said...

You obvious taught him good! Now I wonder what happened with my 3???
xo..deb

Patina said...

You did train him good! And it looks like you scored!

Malisa said...

I think the only thing my boys ever brought home were girls, dogs and dirty laundry! You are one lucky girl...not just that he inherited your junking traits...but that he loves you enough to think about you and put in the extra effort to bring it home to you! Give that boy a hug for me!

Malisa

A Wild Thing said...

Ith that Thilvethter the cat???I didn't even see him until I enlarged the shot, but what cool booty...good son!
That punch set is to die for..what no butter pats...keep diggin'...s

Pam @ Frippery said...

What a wonderful boy! I love me some amber glass. I gotta train my boy better! Pam