Friday, August 8, 2008

I did some junkin' of my own...

SHE isn't the only one who had some fun yesterday.  In an effort to stem the tide of anxiety of, perhaps, seeing my cohort's face all over cable news I did what I do best: shop for junk.  Score city.

P8070086 P8070089

This is a fishing basket, not creel, from the 1940s-50s.  The top is a padded seat.  It opens up to reveal a wooden compartment for lures and things.  That piece opens up to reveal another wooden compartment. In turn that compartment lifts up to reveal a tray which also lifts up for deep lunch/whatever space.  The little scissors, measuring sticks & glass were all in there.  The silver thing is a spring-supported bell which clips to your fishing line.  If you had a bite it would tinkle to wake you up!  How adorable!  The little green table

isn't from yesterday but it looks good with the basket.

If anyone out there has seen anything like this I'd love to hear from you. 

 

I'm due for a conference call with Elvis-Sightings-Club-of-America...I think Talking Trash has it right about Ms. Evans, Elvis & banana&p-nut butter sa'miches.

xo  lulu, has now left the building

3 comments:

trash talk said...

I love it when great minds come together! Love the basket.

Michele said...

OMG, I love that fishing basket. I'm on the look-out for an old creel basket to finish a wall I'm doing in the living room. Glenn had a fish mounted, so trying to make that whole thing come together.

I can't wait to see what Lauri comes back with...lol!

Hugz,
Michele

trash talk said...

Thank you, thank you very much.