Friday, July 25, 2008

Some of my favorite things...

Bling 001

Fresh from my garden...........curiosity shelf of goodies

Flowers&Stuff 001 Flowers&Stuff 005

Flowers&Stuff 003

Flowers&Stuff 004

I found the nest, egg and mouse skull on our property.

June 08 arches This is my sister's garden in Vermont!  It is a small slice of a HUGE tract.  The arbors are rebar.  Morning glories, roses and whatnot climb up and over them.

new pergola 2 This is the newest addition to the garden.  The columns are repurposed from another structure.  My Adorable Nephew helped with this design. Cocktails anyone?

one sidecrabapple

The view looking out at the old cow barn which is used as shelter for the horses.

AJ History 065 This is my mom and Cha-Cha circa 1969.  We always had fresh tomatoes in the summer.  It was my grandmother who was the gardener. 

AJ History 041AJ History 040

 

This was her favorite pose. And I guess her favorite subject.  I hope this was the same trip.

My sisters & I also inherited from her the love of gardening.  I started very early in my life...

AJ History 017 AJ History 016

Sumo wrestler?                           3 or 4 years old.

Thanks for letting me share...

ox lulu

4 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

That sumo wrestler photo, looks similar to the one we took in Texas............I'm just saying!

Junkers On The Loose said...

Ohhhh LuLu! Thank you for sharing! What a wonderful array of photos and memories! I miss having a veggie garden and am so happy for you that you have one! The photos of your sis's place...oh my...makes me wanna think about moving! What marvelous landscape! I bet she feels as if she's in heaven! The photos of your mother and a "little" you...are just prescious. Isn't it fun to reflect back?? Your mother with that Indian...in TWO photos...is just cute as heck! Thanks again so much for sharing your world!
Smiles, Lorie

Michele said...

Thank you so much for sharing...they are absolutely adorable! I wish I had a green thumb...but I think it's just stalled on "pink"!!!

Hugz,
Michele

A Wild Thing said...

I think that is a squirrel skull, but how cool is that!!! Sumo wrester...hmmmm...I must've been in training too, back in the day.

wilson