Thursday, April 2, 2009

Evil Airline tries to Sabotage my Trip!!!!!!!!!!!

The smiling faces of Texas.........Theresa, Theresa, and Shelly......................



Can you believe it???? It's safe to say I have flown my last flight. I mean it!!!! I'm sure you all have heard I don't fly well. And this flight was no exception. I should have known when I got to the airport and Quentin let me off at curbside check in and hoisted my luggage out of the truck, looked at the Skycap and said, God help you........I was in trouble. I turned around to look at him and realized I had forgotten my Tom Tom. So, as he is speeding off I am yelling, wait, wait, he stops and says, What???, I said, you have my GPS and he throws it to me out the window.......... It should have been a sign this was going to be a bad day. Anyway, I made it through security without a hitch, which is a task in itself for me, and was feeling pretty good and heading for the coffee, I mean the gate to make sure I knew where it was when I noticed on the departure screen it said 11:45, it was suppose to say 11:05. I went up and asked about the time and the lady said the flight was delayed. So I thought well, I guess I can wait an extra 40 minutes to get to Texas, so off to Popeye's to get my coffee I go. Finally I can relax.........It's about 10:00am and I am heading back to the gate and I notice the departure time is now changed to 1:00!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, now I am having a come apart. First thing I am thinking is, why is this happening to me without Lulu around. I don't know what to do. So I call Quentin, who thinks he is rid of me for a few days at this point. And he says to go ask them to put me on an earlier flight. Oh, I can do that. So I do and just about that time he calls me back and says, make sure they switch your luggage to the new flight. Oh, so I ask and the mean lady says we don't do that, some one will bring it to you later. So I am thinking look lady I'm staying in a cow pasture, do you deliver to cow pastures? So I call Quentin back and ask him about going to get it and he said no I was not allowed to go out on the flight deck and get my luggage, and proceeds to say don't worry about it, if it gets lost, you can just buy you some more clothes.............hmmmmmmmm, Well, I took this to mean three new outfits from Magnolia Pearl. I like this......... So I call Lulu and she says the same thing. She said, just because the door says, Emergency Exit, I should not go out it, because I am having an emergency. So to make a long story short, I made it to Texas on time but, my luggage didn't. So I waited on it and missed the blog party. Damn, I so wanted to see everyone. But, I did get to see these fun folks and hope you enjoyed all my drama............. I didn't!!!!!!!!! Me and Elizabeth from Elizabeth House and Sweet Lisa from Antiques and More blog. Wearing a junk necklace no doubt!!!!!Malisa and Karen of Moonlight Hollow, me and The Junkin Yaya.......Here are some pictures of Debbie and Dannys' booth, Talking Trash.......Her displays are fabulous...... And she has some great pieces.......I wanted it all....... Here are some pictures of Theresa Canos' space, Garden Antiques Vintage, she had some great stuff too. Love all the wasps nest........
Debbie and Theresa, or better known as Hoydy and Toydy..........



And the whole reason I came to Texas, Mr. Wonderful himself, CAT DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a hunka hunka burning love.................

6 comments:

Elizabeth Maxson said...

It was great meeting you Laurie! I had a blast and wish I could have stayed longer. Thanks for all the photos - I didn't see nearly as much as I wanted to so I really enjoyed seeing the photos. Glad you made it back!

Take care
Elizabeth

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hi Laurie!

It was great getting a chance to meet you (however brief)....have a great time! I will be back on Friday to finish up shopping....so maybe we will touch base again! xo...deb

Mindy said...

I could cuss! I so hate that /i missed you! I'll sue the airline. Seriously. ~Mindy

Malisa said...

It was so fun meeting one of my "separated at birth" sistas! You are crazy funny! Wish we could have junked together on Tuesday! I didn't intentionally stand you up. I think I about killed Lurch on Sunday...he was too, too worn out! I just couldn't leave him on Tuesday because I would have worried all day! Karen and I were suppose to go back today, but she had to cancel this time...so maybe Saturday! I can't wait til the Fall to see you again! You are super duper and no party pooper!

My junk necklace rocks!

Malisa

Antiques and More Blog said...

Lauri, What a treat to meet you! I'm glad your trip was a success even after all the airport mish-mash! I'm loving my necklace too much..it's a hit here! Happy Easter~ Lisa

Bonnie said...

Wow, wish I had been there. It's my first time visit to your blog, won't be the last. Enjoy your day!