Wednesday, May 14, 2008

JACKPOT, FRENCH STYLE

Today I feel as if I won the lottery.  Ladies & Gentlemen, hold onto your sunbonnets because I am introducing you to CHIPPY FAVORITE #11...French General.  Kaari Meng is an incredible artisan, hunter-gatherer & vintage connoisseur!  I am very excited because I didn't think she was in business any more.  You see, she had an adorable storefront in lower Manhattan on Crosby Street.  She carried beautiful and unusual vintage notions, baubles, bangles & beads...mostly french but of course.  The last time I was in her store was in August 2001.  Imagine my surprise when I found her web site yesterday!

I have a large bulletin board I refer to as my Inspiration Board (It is in my nerve center aka The Tasteful Nook). On this board, among other things, is a French General card which reads "Thanks Andrea, Good Luck, Kaari".  The card has a tiny button of a little girl's face glued to the corner. I was in her store looking for sparkly things to make tiaras for my best friend's wedding.  Being Maid of Honor, it was my duty to have all kinds of props and whatnot to amuse all the maids. I bought so many beautiful things from her.  The best bit (I still have a little length of it) is this french metallic-y silvered fringe.  It's really plastic but it looks like metal.  It reminds me of silver eyelashes from some fairy queen.  Misc 014

So...to all you lucky folks in Hollywood, California who can physically go to Kaari's store I say browse and browse and spread the word.  As for our friends out in Blogistan check her out!  You'll see why this is CHIPPY FAV#11

oxxo

lulu

No comments: