Thursday, May 14, 2009

1ST ANNUAL CHIPPYS CONTEST~PROJECT!

WELL...BLESS OUR BOOTS AND CALL US CHIPPYS. We weren't kidding when we posted ages ago about our one year anniversary 'Event'. Pull up a chair, take notes and get to it!
There are so many of you darling bloggers we have yet to meet. We feel a connection with all of you even though we don't really know much about each other.
So, we decided to honor our first year of blogging by making a scrapbrook which YOU CREATE!
Here's the low down: We will kick start the book with 'Lauri & lulu pages'. Add some guidelines and gentle suggestions and send it out! We'll include gobs of scrapbooking materials for you (and you are free to use your own matierials as well) so you can add a page or two about yourself. Then you pass it on to the next person and so on and so forth.
We ask that you get it back to us either within 12 months or lack of interest, whichever comes first. The book isn't big because we realize postage can be $$.
The best part of this is everyone who wants to participate can do so. And, we get to have a fabulous piece of each and every one of you. And you know it will make the rounds at the Texas Shows when we come back!
This is the outside cover of the Book of 2Chippys! Lauri did a swell job giving it that je n'est ce quoi!
This is a portion of the goodies we'll include: 20 pgs scrapbooking paper, 1 glue runner, a stamp or 2, 1 cutter, some groovy cards, laces, ribbons, bits,& pieces! And these goodies are yours to keep. We will leave instructions inside the book so no one will have any doubts about what we want, some tips and suggestions!



We'll give you 7 days from this post to leave your comments. Everyone who leaves a comment will go in the drawing and some one has to be first and the best part you get to keep all the goodies and just send the book to the next person. We will officially post about who is the first recipient and send it OUT! Let The Fur Fly! We're really excited about this and hope you will be too!

And the upside is we don't have to tangle with airport security or baggage restrictions!


ox lulu & Lauri

13 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Oh I have to be the first because while I may have met ya'll first at the Texas shows I still claim this fame!! I've been intriqued, facinated, and just plain charmed by you both! I'm ever so grateful that you two have become a great part of life. My life was dull without you in it, and now...well we'll just leave it at now! No seriously, you two are so different and unique and so inspirational with all you do. Love you both from the bottom of my heart, T

Curious Goods said...

I wanna play!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Donna

Lauri Evans said...

I just want to cry, after reading Miss T's comment, she just makes me want to move to Texas indefinately and become a Texan. I'll get back to you after the Wedding, and when I sell my house....Lauri

SharDon Exclusives said...

What a lovely idea!! You are so Texan, friendly & kind, fun & giving, such a wonderful blog too. You do honor to your state...sharon

patricia@ReFind Home&Garden said...

Hey Ya'll, I been missing ya! I love this idea. And I want to play too! Hugs, Patricia

Malisa said...

Let me see if I got this right. In honor of your blogging anniversary, you are celebrating by letting US build YOU a scrapbook! And they say Southern girls aren't smart!!! Count me in, my crazy friends!

Malisa

Hopelessly Romantic Art Studio said...

Count me in on the fun!!!!! I may not be Texan, but I'm plenty Southern and don't like to be left out. Besides it could be the lucky winner's claim to fame!!!!!
Gerri

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I wanna play too! I don't know that I am all that interesting ??? BUT it sounds like so much fun!!!

Lou Cinda :)

misselaineous said...

Oh, girls...this sounds like fun!! Love to scrapbook, and while my life is not all that exciting, it would be a blast to be a part of this uniquely chippy book idea!! I wanna be first...okay, it doesn't matter what number I am...count me in goirls! *elaine*

trash talk said...

Even though I don't quite understand how it all works (it's a blond thing) I am all over this! Would it help my chances if I said I would include topless photos of Cat Daddy in my pages?
Theresa took all the good mushy things to say about you two so I'll just say blogging wouldn't be near as much fun without the two of you to play with!
Trash

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

What a great idea!!! I stumbled up on your blog via another and I am in love. I would love to be included in the book. I have done one with some scrapbooking friends before. We actually did enough books for 15 people, each doing 2 pages in each book. It was so much fun and I love looking back through it.

Is it okay to add scrapbooking goodies to the box for the next person? I have so much extra I have been meaning to do a swap or something.

Cece

sweetpea said...

Hey chickadoodles--please throw my name in the pot too! It would be an honor to take part in a tribute to you two wild and crazy gals!

Love Ya Like Sisters!
Shelley

debi lynn mattingly said...

If it's not too late...count the Junkin' Yaya in! :)

xo...deb