Friday, May 21, 2010

Doug and Renee, True Texans


My sweet friend Theresa Cano called me today to tell me that Doug had passed away this afternoon. Doug and Renee were some of the first people I met when I went to Texas for the first time and I have felt like they were part of my family ever since. There is just something about Texans that is just so true and real and fun! Renee was always there decorating something and there would be Doug working like a Trojan, never stopping even to talk.......He was so much fun I remember, riding his bicycle around the fields. I will always remember him, and how well Renee took care of him. I consider them some of my best friends. Rest in Peace my friend, lauri

4 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

L, I was looking for the same pic I have of him in this shirt except it was during prom and he jumped on a bike, do you remember that! He was funny indeed. RIP my sweet friend Doug!

trash talk said...

It's just so so sad.
Debbie

sweetpea said...

So sorry to hear this news. He was a wonderful man and will be missed. My heart goes out to Renee.

Hugs,

Shelley

time worn interiors said...

We are really gonna miss him! Makes me very sad!
TOT