Friday, April 9, 2010

My Marburger Farms........and a big Thank you!!



Hey y'all, well I am still trying to recover from the 12 hour drive home........and I still feel like it must have all been a dream. It was the most fun I think I have ever had ever. I am still pinching myself because almost everything sold and I just can't thank everyone enough. I can't believe how everyone seemed to just love everything. Of course, I was packed to the gills I had no idea what would sell so I took everything I could stuff in the truck and the trailer. But, I have decided to give you all my take on how I came to love Texas so much, like it or not........... Years ago I was friends with some gals who always went to Texas to the show and would come home telling stories about all the great stuff there and all the fun they had. Well, back then Adam was to small to leave and I just always thought one of these days...... Well once he was older and on his own, I would always plan to go and never be able to find anyone to go with me. Well about three years ago, finally I was able to go......and I have been hooked ever since and have not missed a show since then. I don't know how to describe it so you can understand how wonderful it is if you have never been. First of all it is HUGE, way more stuff than you can ever see, there is a party or something going on every night that you don't want to miss. There is so much shopping to be done, you just can't stand it. And mostly the people, Texans are just the sweetest, nicest people that there are........if there are any mean ones I have not met any yet. I bought so much stuff and was so excited to bring it home, and wouldn't you know all that stuff sold too.......it was really like a dream. I met so many new people and had so many people say, "will you be back in the fall"???? Well, duhhhhhh, I would be crazy not to be. And I have to say I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Theresa and Craig Smith because I know that with out them this would not have happened. You don't just show up and get into Marburger and trust me it is the show of all shows. I know they helped me so much and I appreciate them beyond words. There is much that has to be done before you ever unload the truck and sweet Craig had done all that before I even got there. Then I know nothing about a travel trailer and they helped me with all of that. We had an absolute ball and I can't tell you what they mean to me. Thanks guys from the bottom of my heart, I will never for get it.......... Here's Theresa with her name tag at the blog party, she won by the way........(It's BIG, in true Texas fashion!)Here's Theresa Cano, the one who started it all for me, and she thinks she taking my little coin purse, NOT!!!!!

Here's Renee, I am sure I didn't have to tell you that...........Check out her name tag!!!!!!!!!
Here's me and Shelly and Jo Packam.......
Here's me and Angelique, Six in one Hand, she is the sweetest thing........Why do I always have a drink in my hand??????
More later, Cheers, lauri

17 comments:

ChiPPy-SHaBBy said...

You're One-Classy-Lady Ms. Chippys!!! Great Displays... Jeanine, Chippy!-SHaBBy!

Mindy said...

Gurl! I enjoyed visiting with you! Come back next show and I'll hook you up with a mason jar for your cocktails. he he ~Mindy

time worn interiors said...

You are very welcome girly, girl! I can't think of anyone I'd rather help! You are a pleasure to around, can't wait till next time!
TOT

SharDon Exclusives said...

Congratulations on your sales and all of the fun you had too! Your booth was lovely and it is no wonder that you sold so much. I will try to come to lakewood 400 to meet you soon. Tomorrow we are having the Southern Belle get together and I wish you could come to meetrip other GA bloggers. We aren't meeting until 11:00 in Hoschton IF you have an hour or so....we would love to meet you!!!
Sharon

sassytrash said...

So glad you had such a wonderful trip and sales!! Hope you are bringing all those TX treasures you found to the Lakewood show next weekend!!

Rebecca said...

Hi Lauri
Your booth was just lovely, I loved the old pages on your backdrop! It was good to meet you and I am so glad you had a good show. It all looked amazing.
Blessings
Rebecca

House and Garden Boutique said...

Looks like so much fun! Maybe one of these days we'll be able to do a show like that one. Congrats on having great sales at the show.

Unknown said...

Wow Texas looks like soo much fun, and your booth was so cute! Are you going to bring some treasures to Lakewood next weekend?

Sue said...

My Country Roads "family" has been going to the shows for years. I keep promising myself, "one day, I too will be there". I sometimes feel like I know everyone right now through all the blogs and pictures. Thanks for sharing your story and photos.
Take care, Sue

Anne Lorys said...

I'm so sad that I never made it over to Round Top to see all you girls and your gorgeous spaces!!!

I've already vowed that in the Fall, I'm going strictly as a buyer, and plan on doing Marburger up right.

I'm thrilled that you'll be back, I've loved everything I've seen of your wonderful space.

Anne

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I love reading this! I so want experience that one day! I am bound and determined to get there! Your post makes sealed the deal!!
So glad you had the time of your life!
Beth

trash talk said...

Huge congratulations on your show...you rocked as a virgin vendor. I wish I could have came over to see your booth and you holding court.
Of course you have a glass...at least it's not a bowl!
Debbie

Anita said...

Congrats on a great show! I am hoping to be able to make the trip this fall- and I'll start as a shopper too...still too long to keave my girls alone :) But in a couple years....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janet said...

i am so thrilled that marburger treated you so well! and, mostly that three years ago you road in to texas with your chippyself and changed all of our lives! i love knowing you and love those precious minutes i get to see you!

debi lynn mattingly said...

So, glad you had a great time down here in Texas, and that you made it home safe and sound. Have a great week---and we shall see you again in the fall! xo...deb