Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Hallo! C'est moi, lulu! I was lucky enough to participate in a french-inspired swap with other bloggers. Thank you, Shelley/Sweet Pea, for making this all happen. I was lucky enough to swap goodies with Donna of Annie, Fannie & Abigail blog. MON DIEU! I cannot begin to tell you how generous, wonderful and SO 'lulu' this parcel is. Firstly, there were 21, yes 21, individually wrapped packets of stuff.
all kinds of goodies....lots of letters that spell "paris", oo la la, frenchy, funky...but I will tell on myself: when I first took the photos I didn't realize some were two-sided....
I can use the pieces of metal and the cross, religious medals in my Junk Jewelry and LOOK AT THOSE FROU FROU EAT-Your-Heart-Out GLOVES..sheer! The jar holds BEADED black trim...the jar is gorgeous in its own right...
You can't tell but these are MIRRORED buttons on the original cards, post cards and more mirrored thingamajigs THAT I JUST LOVE AND WOULD BUY FOR MYSELF!!!!
All the pretty laces, and wonderful french cards, millenery leaves and posies..oh my and the photo of all the goodies opened.
How about a couple of old collars that say it all ('Paris' 'France' )as does my expression! They were in a box labeled 'FUN' and the frame pieces were in a box labeled 'FRAGMENTS'. I CAN"T STAND HOW FAB YOU ARE, DONNA!!!!!!
So, I bid mes amis Adieu! and merci merci beaucoup, Donna!
oxoxxo lulu, your newest BFF
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
As for the photo, that is my angel boy who has had another birthday, last week. And yes he likes tattoos. Me, not so much......but, at least they are gun logos and not nekkid women. So I can at least look at them.
I have to thank my cohort, Lulu, for taking over for me in my absence, but there are a few issues I need to address, first off I appreciate Trash for giving the how to's on landing a Cat Daddy, but, I still want the REAL ONE, so would you will him to me???? And I am still not over not winning him in the give away, but money does talk............... And for the two vigilante Theresa's, out on a Texas road trip. I don't know how I will ever get over that one, I am so jealous, I am green!!!!!!
I will see you in the fall, wedding or no wedding.
And speaking of Wedding, my sweet daughter-in-law-to-be, took me to look a dresses this passed weekend, and I found some!!! I mean after all I can't be expected to choose just one, so I chose three let me know which one you like. Now they didn't have my size and they have to be ordered, and the last one will be terra cotta colored and not pink, but, I like them all. Now I just have to do about a million sit ups and some arm work to get in them. Thank you all again for helping me keep my sanity and if you ever need me I am here for you..........Lauri, appreciating you and loving life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
FIRSTLY>>>>>>>Lauri's mom WOKE UP FRIDAY! Lauri was facing putting her into rehab and came to the hospital to finalize things. And what do you know...sitting up in bed, watching TV was Ms. Norma Jean!! But, she has relapsed and is not responsive. These injuries are very tricky. I am thankful she had time to visit with her mom. It made her so HAPPY! Me too! Thanks to all for your wonderful words of encouragement and prayers. They most certainly helped and were answered! Keep them coming. I will post updates as I get details.
Now, onto Blog Bid'ness:
Shelley of Sweet Pea tagged me sometime in the last 8 days (I DO APOLOGIZE for being so tardy). Here are 10 nuggetts you'll want to remember for Trivia Night at your local watering hole.
1. I was driven around the Indianapolis 500 race track when I was 2. I didn't win that year. But my namesake, AJ FOYT, might have won. Which brings me to the second pearl...
2. I was nicknamed AJ immediately upon birth. You see my papa wanted a boy...no such luck! Third girl and they named me Andrea Jayne Zinn......hence AJ.
3. I have lived in 5 different states in my lifetime. I attended 3 different elementary schools, and 2 different high schools.
4. I was in a rock n' roll band BRIEFLY sometime last century.
5. I would eat pasta and or macaroni and cheese every day if I could without repercussions.
6. I was my high school's mascot/cheerleader my senior year: The Red Devil.
7. I was briefly married (see rock n' roll band #4) before I found my Phil (A keeper).
8. I must have been a crow in a former life b/c I love mirrors, crystal drops and mirrored surfaces.
9. I can touch my nose with the tip of my tongue.
10. I have never seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
gag. Am I a barrel of fun or what?
I have more updating but I really must attend to my laundry and lint collections! xo lulu
- ► 2010 (59)
- ▼ June (7)